Dear Dr. Jonhson:
I have enclosed our manuspcrit entitled "Pharkamcokinetics of imipenem in patients recieving high-volume hemofiltration" for a possible publication in your prestigious journal.
This study was my PhD thesis and was conducted to try to understand how this new technique (wich is now increasingly used in septic patients) affects the plasma concentrations necessary to ensure effectiveness of antibiotics, giving an approximation of the clinical consequences this might implicate in these patients.
I would like to tell the present article has not been submitted for publication elsewhere and the authors declare no conflict of interest.
We would be pleasure to give you any information that you might request.
Yours sincerely,
Leslie Escobar O.
PhD student of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Universidad de Chile
lescobar@ciq.uchile.cl
Hello Leslie,
ResponderEliminarHere go some suggestions to improve your letter:
1. Use "We" instead of "I". In the second sentence you say "our manuscript", so I assume it´s several authors.
2. Use we are enclosing or submitting instead of have enclosed (present continous instead of present perfect.
3. Say "for publication consideration in "name of journal". Avoid using words like "prestigious" in the letter.
4. It´s not necessary to say that this study was your thesis, but you need to be explict about the "technique". The paragraph lacks coherence.
5. Emphasize the significance of your study, but be clear. What´s the novelty of this study? Refer to the results. What does your study show? Your conclusions??
6. Delete "I would like..." Say "This article...."
7. Last sentence is unnecessary.
Hope these suggestions are helpful.
Best,
Claudia
7.
Leslie:
ResponderEliminarI have just a comment. I think the second paragraph is too long; like Claudia has taught us, one idea one sentence. From my point of view this is a good advice, because in that way the text is easier to read and understand.
Bye!